AnimeCons.com was created in 2003 and quickly became the most popular anime convention directory on the Internet. With thousands of visitors each day, we are still the top source for helping anime and manga fans find conventions and events near them. In January 2012, we launched FanCons.com, which expands coverage beyond anime conventions to other types of fan conventions. Starting in late 2016, we began launching additional sites focused on specific fandoms: FantasyCons.com, FurryCons.com, HorrorCons.com, SciFiCons.com, SteampunkCons.com, ToyCons.com, and VideoGameCons.com
- FanCons.com has information on 17,076 conventions going all the way back to the first Philcon in 1936.
- AnimeCons.co.uk has information on 7,624 anime conventions.
- FanCons.com has information on 6,843 convention guests including actors, artists, directors, and producers from all over the world.
- Over 80% of the web site's traffic is from people visiting the convention listings.
- Since AnimeCons.com launched in November 2003, traffic to the site has grown rapidly, proving there is a significant demand for anime convention information.
- On average, over 125,000 visitors come to the sites each month.
- Most visitors are in the United States and access the sites through a broadband provider.
- Most visitors to FanCons.ca and AnimeCons.ca are in Canada.
- Most visitors to FanCons.co.uk and AnimeCons.co.uk are in the United Kingdom.
- When publishing weekly, our podcast, AnimeCons TV had an average of 3,500 combined downloads and views per month.
- Although our sites have an active presence on social media, we have never purchased followers and do not buy advertising or promoted posts.
- The AnimeCons.com web site was created by Patrick Delahanty, one of the founders of Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference. He has been a guest speaker at several conventions and conducted panels on starting and running anime conventions.
- Patrick is aided in updating convention and guest information in the database by several volunteer curators.
- AnimeCons.co.uk and our other convention sites are part of the Adequate.com Network.